NJ Avoiding Foreclosure Workshop
Let us help you understand the mortgage foreclosure process so that you can make the best decision for you and your family. This three-hour, in-depth course is designed to give the homeowner the critical knowledge and skill to avoid foreclosure.
Counselors will assist individuals in group sessions and one-on-one as needed.
Course participants will gain an understanding of:
- Introduction to the foreclosure process and terminology
- Review of the legal documents that drive foreclosure
- How to establish the reasons for the default and prepare a hardship letter
- Help homeowners to prepare a current budget based on current income and expenses
- How to determine which of the available workout options is appropriate given the homeowner’s goals and resources
- Review foreclosure related rescue scams that homeowners should avoid
- Review NJ Foreclosure law and common timeframes
For more information and dates of upcoming workshops, please visit our upcoming events page.