NJ Credit and Debt Management Workshop
Credit and Debt Management
Our 5-hour interactive financial workshop is designed to give you the knowledge and skills needed to improve your credit score and reduce or pay off your debt.
WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN AN UNDERSTANDING OF:
- Gathering income, expense and debt information
- Assessing your current financial status and preparing a usable budget
- Setting Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely (SMART) financial goals
- Working interactively with you to develop your very own personal Financial Action Plan .
Topic areas include:
How to Improve Your Credit Score:
- Understand the importance of a good credit score
- Summarize the factors that affect a positive credit rating
- Explain how to identify and dispute credit report inaccuracies
- Review your credit and Consumer Rights
- How to avoid credit traps and Identity Theft
How to Reduce or pay off your Debt:
- Warning signs of excessive debt
- Understand the principles of using debt wisely
- Understand the Debt Cycle and why people go into debt
- Know how to develop and use personal debt reduction strategies
- Examine expenditures & develop a spending plan
For more information and dates of upcoming workshops, please visit our "upcoming events page.