NJ Credit Education Workshop
Understanding, building, and maintaining your credit is a 6-hour workshop designed to help participants increase financial knowledge, enhance money management skills and develop financial confidence.
WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN AN UNDERSTANDING OF:
- The importance of having and maintaining a good credit score.
- What you need to know about introductory rates, regular rates and annual fees that come with credit cards.
- How to create and maintain a monthly budget.
- How to establish or rebuild a credit history.
- How much of your income should be saved and why.
- The importance of paying more than the minimum payment on a credit card bill.
- How your credit history will affect your credit future.
- How bankruptcy affects your credit record.
- What to do if you are a victim of consumer fraud.
Participants interact during the workshop by working through case studies, preparing their own budgets, assessing their own credit report/credit scores and assist in the preparation of a take home Action Plan.
For more information and dates of upcoming workshops, please visit our upcoming events page.