NJ Credit and Debt Management Workshop
Credit and Debt Management
Credit scores and debt are two major issues that everyone deals with on a day to day basis. You may have experienced a financial crisis caused by personal or family illness, the loss of a job, or overspending and the result impacted your finances negatively. Or, you just want to improve your current financial situation so that you can begin to save more, start a business, buy a home, etc. Where to begin can seem overwhelming, but with the proper tools you can make the necessary adjustments and move closer to your goals.
Our 5-hour interactive financial workshop is designed to give you the knowledge and skills needed to improve your credit score and reduce or pay off your debt.
Topic areas include:
How to Improve Your Credit Score:
- Understand the importance of a good credit score
- Summarize the factors that affect a positive credit rating
- Explain how to identify and dispute credit report inaccuracies
- Review your credit and Consumer Rights
- How to avoid credit traps and Identity Theft
How to Reduce or pay off your Debt:
- Warning signs of excessive debt
- Understand the principles of using debt wisely
- Understand the Debt Cycle and why people go into debt
- Know how to develop and use personal debt reduction strategies
- Examine expenditures & develop a spending plan
For more information and dates of upcoming workshops, please visit our "upcoming events page.
FFCDC is a HUD-Certified Housing Counseling Agency with extensive training completed through NeighborWorks Training Institute, FDIC, HUD, Freddie Mac, private lenders and others in order to bring the highest level of quality and service to the residents of our communities.
Faith Fellowship Community Development Corporation provides counseling in English and Spanish. You may bring a trusted confidante or family member to facilitate translations we do not provide. Our facility is handicapped accessible with a wheelchair ramp.