NJ Renter Specific Resources
As part of the Sandy recovery effort, the State of New Jersey administers programs specifically targeted to renters and rental property owners. These programs are creating new affordable rental housing in Sandy-impacted counties, repairing affordable rental units left uninhabitable by the storm, providing rental assistance to income-eligible households affected by Sandy, providing free housing counseling to renters who were impacted by the storm, and creating affordable housing in Sandy-affected communities for special needs populations.
The following housing recovery programs apply to renters:
- Funds for Restoration of Multi Family Housing (FRM)
- Landlord Incentive Program (LIP)
- New Jersey Housing Resource Center (NJHRC)
- SSBG Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)